What is a web application?
Web applications run through web browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox etc) unlike traditional applications which run on a single PC or server. They require no complex installation process as the browser provides all the functionality required. Web applications can be accessed from any device with a web browser – desktop, laptop, tablet or phone!
How can web applications help improve my business?
Web applications provide a central source for customers/employees to interact with your business. This makes the applications much easier to update, maintain and backup.
A customer or employee can access your web app (much like they do a website) via a secure login and password.
Web applications can be built to serve many different purposes, but here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- Process payments online for your products or services
- Track business operations to help identify issues and help improve processes
- Automate manual tasks to reduce cost and human error
- Organise and manage customer/employee data and handle communications
- Capture and report on business KPI and performance targets
- Share and collaborate on projects which have outgrown spreadsheets and/or legacy database systems
- Make your business functions available online 24/7
Are web applications secure?
All incoming and outgoing requests should be secured by using a secure connection known as HTTPS, which digitally encrypts all data flowing back and forth. In addition all saved sensitive data should be encrypted meaning the data is scrambled using a complex algorithm.